Friday, July 4, 2008

Latin Square

Sydney for her birthday got a set of 16 beads. They have six different colors and four different shapes. While playing with Sydney I decided to arrange them into a square so that none of the shapes repeat in each column or row and none of the colors repeat in each column or row. It was fun. Below is a picture of my efforts. It is difficult to tell the difference between orange and yellow in the picture. In case you were wondering, this is called a Latin square. Go to wikipedia and learn more if you'd like.


1 comment:

SuiKim Friedmann said...

Sydney was so much fun to watch! Hope all is well...I'll be updating my blog soon because A LOT has changed for us - we actually just MOVED!!! (We're in TN for a while, while Steven finds a new job! Crazy huh? I'm so sad we won't be able to hang out though - it was a decision made in the same hour of the same day on Thursday. Talk to ya soon!